Things I'm thankful for...
In the spirit of the season I thought I’d list a few reasons I’m thankful that this year is almost water under the bridge (Sorry for the pun…I couldn’t help myself).
1. First of all, thank you for your understanding this year. Limited hunting is a bummer, no matter what the reason.
2. Thank you for the support and interest in Duck Creek. It truly is a great place and we hope to ensure that it remains that way for years to come.
3. I am thankful that the weather held so that our construction projects went smoothly and finished ahead of schedule.
4. I am thankful that the U.S. Army Corps project (Cato Levee) and LRDD ditch cleanout are moving forward.
5. I am thankful for the weather that creates the habitat conditions and brings the birds south...it looks like things are changing for the better.
6. I am thankful for the variability of nature so that every year isn’t nearly this dry.
Now on this last point, I thought I’d take a look back at the historical precipitation data to see how we fit in the grand scheme of things and try to put this year into perspective.