Conservation Commission Agenda, May 30-31, 2013
MEETING OF THE MISSOURI CONSERVATION COMMISSION
- River Centre at The Landing, 110 East Carter Street, Van Buren, Missouri
- Thursday, May 30, 2013 – 1:30 p.m. – Executive Session (Closed)
Friday, May 31, 2013 – 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Thursday, May 30, 1:30 p.m.
Executive Session (Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, May 31)
- Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session(s). (610.021 RSMo.)
- Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
- Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
- Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
- Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
- Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
Friday, May 31, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Opening comments and announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any – Director Robert Ziehmer.
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
Report of the Regulations Committee, which includes recommendations for 1) sale of only the Virile (or “Northern”) crayfish for live bait from instate sources, 2) 2013-2014 deer hunting season, and 3) 2013 Early Migratory Bird seasons.
Includes Staff Presentations by:
- Missouri Deer Population Status and Proposed Deer Regulations – Resource Scientist Jason Sumners.
- Early Migratory Game Bird Season Recommendations – Resource Scientist Doreen Mengel.
Recommendation for approval of the Fiscal Year 2014 Internal Expenditure Plan; and April Monthly Financial Summary.
Report of Major Construction Projects Completed and Status of Major CI-IT Projects Funded in FY13 Budget.
Consideration of bids received for the construction of the Statewide Asphalt Repairs – St. Louis Region located in St. Louis, St. Charles, and Franklin Counties, and authorization to enter into a contract with the low bidder
Consideration of a negotiated agreement for the design of Fountain Grove Conservation Area Wetland Renovation – Phase II located in Livingston County, and authorization to enter into a contract with the selected consultant.
- Missouri Sustainable Forest Management Guidelines – Resource Forester Michael Bill.
- Missouri Hunter Education Program – Outreach and Education Chief Jeff Cockerham.
Recommendations for approval to
- accept the donation of approximately 13 acres in Shannon County as an addition to Sunklands Conservation Area;
- purchase approximately 321 acres in Camden County as an addition to Toronto Springs Conservation Area; and
- convey approximately .28 acre of Busch Memorial Conservation Area in St. Charles County to the State of Missouri, acting by and through the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission.
Recommendation for authorization to advertise and sell an estimated 1.1 million board feet of timber from 447 acres of Compartment 3 on Peck Ranch Conservation Area in Carter County.
Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan update.
Recommendations for approval of proposed responses to certain Resolutions adopted by the Conservation Federation of Missouri at its February 2013 annual meeting.
Recommendations for approval to suspend or revoke
- one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause;
- all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws;
- one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact; and 4) hunting privileges of individual(s) who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
Other matters of interest.
Announcement of the next regular meeting on July 2-3, 2013, in Jefferson City.