Conservation Commission Agenda, December 12-13, 2013
Conservation Department St. Louis Regional Office, August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area, 2360 Highway D, St. Charles, Missouri
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 – 1:00 p.m. – Executive Session (Closed)
- Friday, December 13, 2013 – 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Thursday, December 12, 1:00 p.m.
Executive Session (Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, December 13)
- Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session. (610.021 RSMo.)
- Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 621.021(, 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
- Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
- Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(1RSMo.)
- Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(RSMo.)
- Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(RSMo.)
Friday, December 13, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Opening comments and announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any (with presentation of annual accomplishments video).
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
Staff Presentation: August A. Busch Memorial and Weldon Spring Conservation Areas: Habitat, Wildlife, and Public Use Management – St. Louis Wildlife Regional Supervisor John Vogel.
Major Construction Projects Completed and Status of Major CI-IT Projects Funded in FY14 Budget.
Consideration of bids received for the construction of the Duck Creek Conservation Area Greenbrier Tract and Pool 1 Fishing Access Project located in Bollinger and Stoddard County, and authorization to enter into a contract with the low bidder.
Recommendation for authorization to advertise and sell an estimated 1,282,888 board feet of timber located on 717 acres of Compartment 6, Pea Ridge Conservation Area in Washington County.
Recommendation to appoint new staff representatives to the Board of Trustees for the Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan Trust Fund.
Staff Presentation: Ozark National Scenic Riverways General Management Plan – Policy Coordinator Alan Leary.
Report of the Regulations Committee which includes, but is not limited to, recommendations for the 2014 turkey hunting seasons (with presentation by Resource Scientist Jason Isabelle); the 2014 firearms deer hunting season dates; changes to the Wildlife Code regarding the sale of live crayfish for bait; and daily, possession, and length limits for blue catfish on Lake of the Ozarks and Truman Lake.
Recommendations for approval to
- accept from the estate of Lawrence Matthew Schumacher the bequest of approximately 233 acres in Hickory County as an addition to Mule Shoe Conservation Area; and
- purchase approximately 3.7 acres in Adair County as an addition to the Northeast Regional Office.
Staff Presentation: Missouri Wetlands: Linking Science and Management – Wildlife Management Biologist Kevin Brunke and Resource Scientist Andy Raedeke.
Recommendations for approval to suspend or revoke
- one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause;
- all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws; and 3) one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
Recommendation for approval of the 2012-2013 Annual Report for the Department of Conservation, and authorization for publication and distribution.
Recommendation for approval of nominations for induction into the Missouri Conservation Hall of Fame.
Other matters of interest.
Announcement of the next regular meeting on January 23-24, 2014.