Conservation Commission Agenda
Conservation Department Headquarters, 2901 West Truman Boulevard, Jefferson City, MO 65109
- Tuesday, Aug. 18: STRATEGIC PLANNING WORKSHOP – 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 18: CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION – 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 19: REGULAR OPEN MEETING – 8:30 a.m.
Background documents related to the open agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time period allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2015: STRATEGIC PLANNING WORKSHOP – 9 a.m.
- Strategic Planning -- Introduction by David Thorne, Policy Supervisor
Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2015: CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION – 1 p.m.
- Call to order, roll call, and vote to close meeting
- Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.).
- Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.).
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.).
- Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.).
- Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.).
- Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.).
- Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
Wednesday, Aug. 19, 2015: REGULAR OPEN MEETING -- 8:30 a.m.
- Call to order -- Marilynn J. Bradford, Chair
- Staff Recognition/Recent National Awards -- Division Chiefs
- Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting.
- Report of the Regulations Committee -- Tom Draper, Deputy Director and Chairman, Regulations Committee
- Action Item: Recommendations for 2016-2017 Fall Deer and Turkey Season Structure, Methods, Limits, and Conservation Area Regulations (with presentation by Jason Sumners, Resource Scientist).
- Action Item: Recommendations for proposed amendments to the Wildlife Code from the mid-year Code review.
- Action Item: Recommendations for season dates and limits for the 2015-2016 waterfowl season (with presentation by Andy Raedeke, Resource Scientist).
- Missouri Outdoor Recreational Access Program -- Lisa Potter, Private Land Programs Supervisor, with introduction by Bill White, Private Land Services Division Chief
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to initiate a Forest Certification Program and certify all forested lands owned by the Missouri Department of Conservation under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and/or the Forest Stewardship Council. -- Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief
- Brandon Butler and Bruce A. Morrison, on behalf of Conservation Federation of Missouri, Great Rivers Environmental Law Center, Missouri Chapter of the Sierra Club, Missouri Coalition for the Environment, Missouri Parks Association, and National Wildlife Federation
Purpose: To comment on the St. Johns Bayou and New Madrid Floodway Project.
Introduction by Tim Ripperger, Deputy Director
Design and Development Division:
Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- Fiscal Year 2015 Year-End Review of Major Construction Projects Completed
- Major Construction Projects Status Report (for Fiscal Year 2016)
- Action Item: Consideration of bids received for the construction of the Busch Memorial Conservation Area Shooting Range Complex Renovation Phase II Project in St. Charles County, and authorization to enter into a contract.
Information Technology Unit:
Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief
- Information Technology Projects Status Report
- Presentation: Information Technology Overview
Administrative Services Division:
Margie Mueller, Chief Financial Officer
- Fiscal Year 2015 Year-End Review of Revenue and Expenditure Trends (June and July 2015 Monthly Financial Summaries provided for information only)
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to submit estimates of the Department’s appropriation requirements for the next fiscal year to the Governor’s budget director (pursuant to Section 33.220 RSMo).
Human Resources Division:
Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Division Chief
- Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes
- Action Item: Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan 2016 recommendation.
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 1.09 acre and the metal building situated thereon containing approximately 4,878 square feet of office and shop space located in Wright County. -- Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause. -- Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. -- Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact. -- Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Other matters of interest.
Future Meeting Dates
- October 22‐23, 2015 – West Plains
- December 10‐11, 2015 – Jefferson City