Conservation Commission Agenda
River Centre at The Landing, 110 East Carter Street, Van Buren, Missouri
- Thursday, July 9, 2015: COMMUNICATIONS/STRATEGIC PLANNING -- 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, July 9, 2015: CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION – 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 10, 2015: REGULAR OPEN MEETING -- 8:30 a.m.
Background documents related to the open agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time period allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
Thursday, July 9, 2015: COMMUNICATIONS/STRATEGIC PLANNING – 9:30 a.m.
- Presentation of Communication Report -- The Vandiver Group, St. Louis
- Strategic Planning -- Introduction by David Thorne, Policy Supervisor
Thursday, July 9, 2015: CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION – 1:00 p.m.
- Call to order, roll call, and vote to close meeting
- Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.)
- Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.)
- Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.)
- Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.)
- Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.)
- Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney‐client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
Friday, July 10, 2015: REGULAR OPEN MEETING -- 8:30 a.m.
- Call to order -- James T. Blair, IV, Chair
- Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting
- Smallmouth Bass Management -- Craig Fuller, Fisheries Management Biologist, with introduction by Brian Canaday, Fisheries Division Chief
Design and Development Division:
- Major Construction Projects Status Report -- Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
Information Technology Unit:
- Information Technology Projects Status Report -- Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief
- Report of the Regulations Committee (no action items) -- Tom Draper, Deputy Director and Chairman, Regulations Committee
- Elk Restoration Update -- Barbara Keller, Resource Scientist, and David Hasenbeck, Elk Program Manager, with introduction by Mike Hubbard, Resource Science Division Chief
Administrative Services Division:
- Current Financial Summary -- Margie Mueller, Chief Financial Officer
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval of authorization to advertise and sell an estimated 751,485 board feet of timber located on 532 acres of Compartment 6, Rocky Creek Conservation Area in Shannon County -- Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief
- Forest Certification: Responsible Planning for the Future of Missouri’s Forests -- Richard Blatz, Forestry Field Program Supervisor, with introduction by Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief
- Missouri Managed Woods Program -- Brian Schweiss, Forestry Administrative Manager, with introduction by Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 120 acres in Hickory County as an addition to Mule Shoe Conservation Area -- Tim Ripperger, Deputy Director and Chairman, Realty Committee
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval of proposed responses to certain Resolutions adopted by the Conservation Federation of Missouri at its March 2015 annual meeting -- Tom Draper, Deputy Director
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause -- Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws -- Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact -- Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Other matters of interest
- Action Item: Election of Commission officers
FUTURE MEETING DATES
- August 18-19, 2015
- October 22‐23, 2015
- December 10‐11, 2015