Open Records Requests
If you wish to view or obtain copies of Department of Conservation records, please submit a detailed written request using one of the following options:
- Submit your request using the Open Records Request Form listed below.
- Email your request to the Custodian of Records at Records@mdc.mo.gov.
- Fax your request to the Custodian of Records at 573-751-4467.
- Mail a written request to this address:
Missouri Department of Conservation
Attn: Custodian of Records
P.O. Box 180
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Address your request to the Department's Custodian of Records, Lisa Wehmeyer.
Include Key Information
To ensure you receive access to or copies of the specific records you are interested in, please include the following information:
- Your name (and company name, if applicable) and mailing address
- Your telephone number, fax number, or email address (so we may contact you directly if we have questions regarding your request)
- A list or description of the specific information you want; please be as specific as possible to help us provide desired records.
- When requesting information regarding hunting and fishing privileges issued to a particular individual, please provide the person’s identifying information, such as address, date of birth or Conservation number. Also include the time period for which the records are requested.
Fees for research and duplication may be collected as provided by law. If fees are to be assessed, the Department will provide the requester with an estimate of the costs associated with copying the requested records and will require the payment of such fees be received prior to making copies.
Questions and Comments
Please contact the Department’s Custodian of Records at Records@mdc.mo.gov or by telephone at 573-522-4115, ext. 3522, with any questions or comments on access to records or information.