Conservation Action January 2014
The Conservation Commission met Jan. 23 and 24 in Jefferson City. Commissioners present were:
- Don C. Bedell, Sikeston, Chair
- James T. Blair, IV, St. Louis, Vice Chair/Secretary
- Tim E. Dollar, Blue Springs, Member
- Marilynn J. Bradford, Jefferson City, Member
Received presentations from:
- Wildlife Programs Supervisor Dennis Figg regarding Missouri’s Comprehensive Conservation Strategy.
- Fisheries Management Biologist Shane Bush regarding the Table Rock Lake National Fish Habitat Initiative.
- Resource Scientist Jason Sumners regarding white-tailed deer management.
Received comments from Mark Whittington, Sturgeon, regarding white-tailed deer management.
Approved the exchange of three 40-acre tracts of Clubb Creek Conservation Area (CA) in Bollinger County for a 100-acre tract in Bollinger County as an addition to Castor River CA and other consideration.
Suspended hunting, fishing and/or trapping privileges of eight Missouri residents for Wildlife Code violations. Those whose privileges were suspended are:
- John Bartlett, Linn, all sport privileges, 1 year
- Peter Borlak, Smithton, fishing, 4 years
- Stephen M. Brandkamp, Sedalia, hunting, 6 years
- Colton L. Hibbs, Parnell, hunting, 1 year
- Robert W. Hinson, Gasconade, fishing, 1 year
- Joshua A. Justice, Kahoka, commercial fishing, 4 years
- Austin E. Peters, Vienna, all sport privileges, 1 year
- Wayne R. Tucker, Jr., Concordia, fishing, 6 years
Approved the suspension or revocation of all hunting and fishing privileges of 274 people who are not in compliance with applicable child-support laws. Privileges suspended for noncompliance are reinstated once the Division of Child Support Enforcement notifies MDC that suspendees have come into compliance with the required laws.
Suspended privileges of 309 people under the provisions of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
- Set its next regular meeting for March 6 and 7.