Conservation Action July 2014
The Conservation Commission met July 10 and 11 at the Anita B. Gorman Conservation Discovery Center in Kansas City. Commissioners present were:
- Don C. Bedell, Sikeston, Chair
- James T. Blair, IV, St. Louis, Vice Chair/Secretary
- Marilynn J. Bradford, Jefferson City, Member
- David W. Murphy, Columbia, Member
- Received staff presentations from:
- Survey Coordinator Ron Reitz, regarding understanding public input.
- Resource Scientist Jason Sumners regarding updated the Commission regarding activities associated with the 10-year deer management plan.
- Employee Relations Manager Debra Thompson, regarding investing today for tomorrow's workforce.
- Public Involvement Coordinator Amy Buechler, regarding area planning public input.
- Policy Coordinator Janet Sternburg, with an update on wildlife considerations related to alternative energy.
- Received comments from Scott Cason, Fayette, regarding Asian carp.
- Approved staff recommendations for:
- The purchase of 7 acres in Lewis County as an addition to Deer Ridge Conservation Area (CA).
- The purchase of 41.9 acres in Morgan County as an addition to Lamine River CA.
- Responses to certain resolutions adopted by the Conservation Federation of Missouri at its March 2014 annual meeting.
- Suspending hunting, fishing and/or trapping privileges of 14 Missouri residents for Wildlife Code violations. Those whose privileges were suspended are:
- Patrick A. Ball, Warsaw, hunting, 1 year
- Quentin B. Bassett, Ludlow, hunting, 5 years
- Bradley R. Chamberlain, Osceola, hunting, 3 years
- Joshua E. Clover, Piedmont, hunting, until May 29, 2015
- Trevor M. Corbin, Braymer, hunting and trapping, 1 year
- Phillip M. Covington, Lake Ozark, all sport privileges, 1 year
- Jason C. Estep, Hannibal, hunting and trapping, 2 years
- Christopher L. Hutchens, Granby, all sport privileges, 1 year
- James E. Lewis, Licking, all sport privileges, 1 year
- Shannon N. Midkiff, Lathrop, all sport privileges, 1 year
- Shane A. Stewart, Mansfield, all sport privileges, 1 additional year
- Jason H. Sutton, East Prairie, hunting, 1 year
- Paul Teel, Jr., Bucklin, hunting, 5 years
- Michael A. Terrill, Summersville, hunting, 3 years
- Suspending or revoking all hunting and fishing privileges of 158 people who are not in compliance with applicable child-support laws. Privileges suspended for noncompliance are reinstated once the Division of Child Support Enforcement notifies MDC that suspendees have come into compliance with the required laws.
- Suspended privileges of 163 people under the provisions of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
- Set its next regular meeting for Aug. 21 and 22.
- Elected the following officers:
- James T. Blair, IV, Chairman
- David W. Murphy, Vice Chairman
- Marilynn J. Bradford, Secretary
- Don C. Bedell, Member
This document is provided for public information only and is not an official record of the Missouri Department of Conservation or Missouri Conservation Commission.